Translate

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Writing Poetry When You're NOT Depressed


I don't know about everyone else but for me writing poetry is more difficult when I'm not depressed. Like last year, I wrote so much poetry because I was very often sad or stressed out. The emotions of sadness and anger are very strong emotions so it's an easy place to write from. However, this year I am significantly happier which make it more difficult for me to write meaningful poetry. I don't necessarily have writers block, but more that I find it difficult to find topics to write about. I don't want to write about how amazing my life is because that's only scratching the surface; not really displaying my true poetic talents. The best poems I have written have been out of a place of loneliness, stress, anger, or wistfulness. I guess I'll have to work on being a different type of writer or finding alternative methods of inspiration.


No comments:

Post a Comment