Translate

Thursday, January 28, 2016

To Catch a Predator: The College Creep

STORY TIME:
The college I attend is very large and open. The security detail is present, yet not to intrusive. A couple of days ago, I started noticing this creepy guy who would walk around campus following African American girls to their classes and just walking around mumbling loudly (I didn't even know that was possible). Everyday he would be in the library or the surrounding areas and I am in the library really often so his presence was really unsettling . I noticed him looking at me in the library, but he never had the chance to follow me anywhere because I would time my exiting to when he would walk in the opposite direction. Yesterday, I was doing work on the computer and he walked over to me and said something. I had headphones on and I frankly did not want to engage. He kept talking to me so eventually I removed one headphone from my ear and said "what?" He looked insulted and said " I said you're very beautiful". If you've read my post on compliments, then you'd understand why I was not grateful for the compliment from the creepy guy. Then he says "My name is Sean" and I said "Ya, that's good." Then he says "Oh, you don't want to talk to me? Is it because I'm ugly?" I said " It's not because you're ugly, it's because I have work to do." He says " Ya me too." I placed the headphones back on my ears and he pretends to log in but I noticed he never touched the keys. Then he walked away to harass some other black females.  Later on in the day, I was talking to one of my guy friends who just so happen to be white. My friend actually told me that the creepy guy would walk past him and mumble rude racial things like "we hate black people". The creepy guy must have seen me talking to him because he didn't say anything to me when I was standing next to a male. When my friend went to class, the creepy guy came back an said "I thought you were going to help me with my work. Oh it's because you like white boys!" My first instinct is to disengage because this person clearly has issues. I just said "okay" and ignored him. So today when I went to class, I reported my strange observations to the local authorities. It turns out I was right! That guy doesn't even go to my college and he has been harassing a lot more people than I had witnessed,  so if he steps back on the campus he will be arrested for being a cowardly racist creep.

What I learned from this story: In all aspects of life, have courage and be brave<3

No comments:

Post a Comment