Translate

Friday, January 22, 2016

My 1st Time Experiencing Nostalgia

STORY TIME:
My childhood girlfriends 💯

I've missed these guys 💗
I went back to the primary school that is the freshest in my memory. The school were I spent 8 hours a day with the same 10-12 kids from kindergarten to 5th grade. The location where I last was truly innocent; I returned to that place. The nostalgia is heavy. The playground where I used to play is dirty and covered in cobwebs. The hallways I used to walk in are abandoned and filled with other misfit toys and machinery. The band room I learned to play the flute in is all boarded up and sad.  
 

The minute I saw my former classmates and first best friends my entire childhood was fully restored. Absence makes the heart grow so much fonder. When I saw them, my heart exploded with happiness and love and I could no longer control myself. We automatically hug each other. Brother and sisters no longer estranged. In 7 years, it's amazing how much we've all changed. Things that I thought were public knowledge, they didn't know. I feel really old when I say we "caught up", but we each told the group highlights of our time apart. We'll never lose our childhood bond. I know I'll always have a soft spot for all of them.


In life things change, its just really important to hold on to the people that keep you grounded. It's not about the location, it's about the people you're with.  All in all, I'm so happy I went back. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment