Translate

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

The Best Compliment

Lately more and more people have been complimenting me saying (for lack of a better phrase) that I have my life together and that I will be going places. That is the best compliment I have ever received . Not "you're so pretty" or "you're so smart", but "you have your life together; you will continue to do amazing things and you're very successful". I appreciate it more because it signifies that I consistently present myself in a way that others perceive as successful.

The compliment "you're pretty" really only acknowledges the aesthetically pleasing part of a person. Some people value that, just not me. The compliment "you're intelligent" only acknowledges the academic achievement of a person. I feel like the compliment "you have your life together" is more of a holistic approach; it has a more complex and extensive rubric than that of simple physical attractiveness or intelligence.

I appreciate all compliments, but I really appreciated that one.
All of my viewers are successful and awesome <3


No comments:

Post a Comment