Translate

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Everything Happens for a Reason

STORY TIME:
I was walking with a friend to the library when I saw another friend leaving the library. I-with nothing to do- went to walk with my other friend. He was on his way to class so I thought 'Why not' and walked him to class. I dropped him off, exited the right door and walked down the narrow path to go back to the library. As soon as I get back to the library, I see another one of my friends whom is attending the same class. So naturally, I walked her to class as well. Once again, I walked through the right door and took the narrow path on the way back to the library. Deja Vu, right?
Except on this walk back to the library, there is a student standing in the middle of the walkway. She is holding a cane out in front of her which leads me to the conclusion that she is blind. I can tell that she is lost because her face is exuding the universal signs of confusion. As she heard me getting closer, she snapped her face my direction. Taking the words right out of my mouth, she asks me "Excuse me, can you direct me to B Hall?" I reply "Of course. I'll take you." We start walking together and talking about our first semesters of college. It was possibly one of  the most pleasant life experiences I've ever had.

Helping that student felt good, not because she was visually impaired, but because I took the opportunity to help another person and she appreciated it.



No comments:

Post a Comment