Translate

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Trouble in Winning Part 3

STORYTIME:

So I get to school 10 minutes early so I could talk to the principal. When I do find him, he's in deep conversation with an English teacher, and there's already two girls there waiting for the conversation to end. About three minutes before the bell rings for class, the principal and the English teacher stop talking and fortunately for me, the two girls ahead of me were waiting for the English teacher. I run up to the principal and tell him a basic summary of my dilemma and he asks "did the ever call you?" and I reply with no and explain how I was so under the radar that I assumed the school let it slide. Apparently there was an investigation, however, since not all people involved were asked anything then that displays an incomplete job or simple negligence. Then I realized that my adviser can't embargo me based off his own personal discomfort, and since my principal told me "the time for that punishment has passed", that means on paper I am not in trouble and I have every right to go nationals as any other person. So my principal tells me he will clear it up and take care of it. The rest of my day ends up being fantastic with the highlights of an easy math test, an excellent presentation in English, and getting asked to military ball. Naturally, after school I follow up by finding the principal. His secretary tries to stop me and question me, but I make it through the magical threshold. I just looked at the principal and he says to me "if anyone has any problems send them to me". Though that may be comforting, I felt that was a little to cryptic so I provide breather room for another serious question by adding in a few fluffy statements about his nice office and my transference to a different school. A few laughs and pieces of advice later, I tell him what's really bothering me. I tell him how abstract my adviser is acting and how I feel confused on how to proceed. I tell him how my adviser is basically trying to stop me from going to nationals based off his own personal feelings of discomfort in his presence. My principal responds with "well, what does it say on your referral?" Alarmed I say "what referral?" He smiles at me and says "Exactly."  By flying under the radar for a month, I allowed the time period for BPA punishments to be carried out to close. Since I was not punished in person nor on paper, I have every right to go to nationals. So even though my adviser thought he could steer me away from my dreams with his verbal warning of how I most likely couldn't go to nationals, if it doesn't exist on paper, then it doesn't exist. According to the paper work, I wasn't relevant enough in the mess and as a result,  I technically wasn't there. If I wasn't there(according to the paper work) , then I can't be punished in any shape or form. Thus, the reason my principal promised that he would "have a talk" with my BPA adviser. I just have one word for my BPA adviser; checkmate♜ ♛

No comments:

Post a Comment