Translate

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

The Overly Sexual Salsa Partner

I can totally do this move.
STORYTIME:
I am a person who enjoys sports and fun activities involving exercise.  I am a master at all the choreography in the Just Dance collection and I am a relatively good salsa dancer. In the dance studio I am in right now, you partner with whoever else is in the room and you rotate when the instructor says so. Due to the fact that I am typically the youngest in the class, I  originally only danced with my best friend. This is very difficult because we are both females and to properly dance the salsa you need a strong partner who can lead which is (usually) a male counterpart. So we both decided to join the group rotation with the rest of the (adult) dancers. Usually, it's fun and there aren't any problems. However, today I had to deal with the overly sexual dance partner. This is an older Spanish guy, most likely in his 60's. For the sake of story time, we are going to call him red shirt. Red shirt is a terrible dancer because he ignores the steps and has no rhythm. When the person supposed to lead doesn't lead well, it can ruin the dance. The first half of the class wasn't a problem because rotations were fairly even and every couple had large gaps of space (like old school middle school slow dance type space) between  them. Then, we had to learn the fundamental of the week which required the guys to do most of the work and ended with the girl's left hand on the guy's shoulder, girl's right hand in the girls left (less intense version of the picture in the upper right corner).  This is where he started making me nervous. For everytime we rotate his hand would creep further and further down my back until he was about half an inch from touching my butt. Once he reached half an inch I threw up my hands and did a solo cha cha which forced him  into a solo cha  cha. Then right before we rotate,  he makes creepy kissy faces at me which made me feel high levels of discomfort. 
[​IMG]
This isn't creepy enough as his version of kissy face.
ANALYSIS:
This is not the first time I have a an old guy try to hit on me, but the fact that he was so bold about it makes me nervous. I am not fearful and I know how to handle myself, but it would be much more convenient if older guys didn't act like pedophiles trying to touch me or hit on me. I recognize that since I am very friendly, mature, and tall (compared to that of the US national height average for women), older guys may think that I'm 18 or 19, when I'm only 16. I  also recognize that they may mistake my friendliness for flirting. However, when  they see my discomfort and my lack of response to their disgusting futile attempts, they should know to stop because they are bordering harassment charges or as in the case of red shirt, possible charges of child molestation. I understand a dance like the salsa can get people excited and really into the rhythm, however I will be reporting red shirt guy to the studio owners. That way they can remind everyone to keep their hands on safe areas like the shoulder blade and away from dangerous areas that can get you sent to prison for sexual harassment and molestation such as the buttocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment