Translate

Friday, April 10, 2015

The END of the Overly Sexual Salsa Partner

So we last left off with me swerving the sexual attempt made by the overly sexual salsa partner referred to as red shirt. I was really hoping red shirt would not come to class today to save me the hassle of trying to pull the instructor aside and report m discomfort with the suspected pedophile. However, I arrived to class a couple minutes late so I didn't have the chance to alert the instructor and red shirt showed up at the same time I did. He's one of my first partners during the basic step (plenty of room between dance partners) so I ensure not to smile at him and I avoid all eye contact. When he attempts to add flair to his steps, I keep my steps bland as possible. We rotate and I notice him looking at me and my new partner so I make sure to smile and add flair to the dance with the new partner so he is aware that it's only him that is being treated in such a manner. Then, we start practicing the fundamental of the week and he's at the girl before me. I notice he had his hand right above her butt like he did to me last class. Fortunately, the instructor noticed to and made a point to remind all the gentlemen to keep their right hand on the SHOULDER BLADE. Unfortunately, red shirt completely ignored the instructions and did not move his hand from its original position on the girl's hip bone right above her butt. We switch partners and now he is with me. He tries to end with the hand on the hip bone, right above my butt again, but I say to him "You need to move your hand higher". He moves his hand into my central mid-back and says "Here". I said "No, no, no , no", moving his right hand up to my shoulder blade and responded with "Here". He looks at me very befuddled and says "Oh, okay". Putting all his attention towards avoiding eye contact with me, he cowers away to the next girl.

ANALYSIS
I am almost drunk with power because I had the courage to tell someone I didn't know that they couldn't do something and I did it with class. I didn't hide behind the studio owners or the instructor, I said it to his face. I ensured that he knew that I was not the one to try to play with. I stood up for myself and for that reason, I am very proud of myself. I noticed that this man pays for the class, yet ignores the instructor and does whatever he chooses. My observations combined with my personal uncomfortable experience with him makes me think that he only comes to touch the females. That is a disgusting thought, but it makes sense because he comes to every class, never attempts to pick up the choreography, and puts his hands way too low on all the other female dancers. Red shirt is the definition of a creep and I'm happy that I put him in his place and let him know that he couldn't creep on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment