Translate

Monday, April 27, 2015

The Most Valuable Zero

 I originally started this blog as a way to extra credit in my Psychology class. My posts started to veer away from psychology specific  topics and started to focus more on the things that occur in my crazy beautiful life. I waited 2 months to find out what I scored on the extra credit. I look on the grade book and I see a zero with a comment from my teacher. My teacher has left a note that says "I'm proud of you". This is the most valuable zero or F that I have ever received on an assignment. I naturally want to do well in every aspect of my lie, especially academically, however, out of all the grades I have earned, this zero meant the most to me. I took what supposed to be a temporary online project and made it something of my own. I even told my teacher when I turned in the assignment that I am so happy that this extra credit provided incentive for me to have my own blog. This extra credit has turned into more than a project for any class, it has turned into an empowering learning experience. I am learning about myself as I am reviewing my thoughts. I'm learning about boundaries and what should/shouldn't be released to the public. I am learning about promotion and marketing to increase blog views and popularity. This is the most valuable F that I have ever earned. I proudly flaunt my zero, for even the person who designed this extra credit said that they were proud of me. More importantly, I am proud of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment