Translate

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

My 1st Charity Event

My volleyball family <3
I am a sand volleyball player and my coach was nice enough to host a charity event for the FAU volleyball team. Naturally, I chose to participate. I donated a $25 gift card to iTunes and attended the event. I got to play with the FAU girls; they are super talented. They reminded me to continue to be an academic overachiever because I really would not be able to compete with them at the collegiate level unless I put almost all my focus into specifically volleyball. It was fun exercising with them and hearing some of their advice. All in all, I think my 1st charity event was super successful and I am glad I got to be a part of something wonderful happening in the community.

One of the younger players asked me why I gave away an iTunes gift card. She says "oh you must not have an iPhone/iPod." I responded "No, I have an iPod. But I'm sure someone else needs this more than I do." The winner of the gift card was actually one of the FAU girls and I'm sure she needed some iTunes spending money because college is SUPER expensive.
FAU girls #三班

Genuine giving feels really good because it is the act of doing something nice for someone else without expecting anything in return. In this case, I got to spend time with some awesome people and got some pretty awesome free advertisement for Camy's Corner ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment