Translate

Friday, February 26, 2016

D.C. Adventures: Night Time Exploration

My team and I were hungry so we went out in the freezing cold rain to find food. We all sat down, ate some really genuine Vietnamese food, and got to know each other better. It was dark, but not too late so we went on an adventure to find some desert. We seemed to be strolling for miles until we decided to walk to the White House. We made it to the White House and there was a surprisingly high population standing outside the presidents house for the middle of the night. We were just going to take pictures, but then some random guy in missed matched clothing patterns and social awkwardness walked up to us to attempt to engage in conversation. typically when strangers approach me, I like to ignore them to send the message that I do not want to participate in whatever he or she is offering, however, one of my teammates actually listens to this guy.  Said teammate talks to the stranger for a solid ten minutes and the rest of us are getting restless. One girl storms off to walk back to the hotel solo and in the chaos of trying to reason with her, my teammate  has actually followed the stranger over to a tent across the street with a man who claims to be a polyglot sitting on the inside. At this point it is late, I'm tired, and I had taken so many poorly lit selfies that I too was getting quite impatient. I gathered up the straggling teammates and reconnected with the rogue teammate to head home. We wanted food for the hotel and stopped to ask for directions. When we stop, we notice a man in mismatched patterns and messy hair walk past. Yes, it was the creepy stranger from the White House and yes, he did follow us for half a mile (0.8 km).

Moral of the story: Always walk in squad and look behind you every now and again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment