Translate

Friday, February 26, 2016

D.C. Adventures: Meeting my Congresswoman

Library of Congress <3
I could feel the fast pace energy of the city from the very moment I landed. The minute I arrived in DC I hopped in an airport shuttle, dropped of my bags at the hotel and took the subway for the first time to make a meeting with Congresswoman Franklin. I had never been through so many security stops in my life ( TSA, then the congressional office security, then the library of congress, etc.). After getting cleared by security, I walked to her office which had orange juice ^_^. My team and I entered her office and got to have a personal question and answer session with our congresswoman. It was very interesting to hear what she said about where she came from and the responsibilities that come with representing a district. I also enjoyed looking at the architecture of the building itself. Everything looks so official and expensive. After our photo with the congresswoman, we stopped in the Library of Congress. It was beautiful functioning as a library, an art museum, and a historical landmark all at the same time.  Definitely an experience I'll never forget.

Photo opp with Congresswoman Franklin


No comments:

Post a Comment