Translate

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Little Kids -_ -# Part 3: Working on my Little Handful(s)



When the little girl licks me.....

My little handful-the overly informed 4th grader- is behaving a little better. He actually gets really excited when he sees me come in. He leaves the lunch room early so he can go to study with me (Yay!! :D ). He's more intelligent than he knows, it just takes some effort to extract it. In all honesty, the effort is so worth it. He tells me about his struggles and I tell him about what he perceives to be my struggles (aka living without a fancy phone or cable television). Some of the kids hear of my trials and tribulations and they say “I feel so bad for you". Little do they know, the feeling is mutual.

After I finished working with the "older" kids, I went to go work with the kindergarteners. Fortunately, they had no homework so we went outside to play. It’s amazing how much energy they have. They want to run and play and yell and just do fun kid stuff. It’s a lot of fun to watch them, it’s just really tiring to join them.

 One girl likes to come up and lick my arm sometimes…so that’s kind of weird. Another girl gave me a hug and then insisted on slapping my butt and thighs exclaiming that they are “jiggly”. Kids are bold (a little weird) and fearless; I applaud them for that. The key is to teach them to stay fearlessness, but fine tune the boundaries between courage and inappropriateness.


No comments:

Post a Comment