Translate

Monday, May 18, 2015

Apprieciation (Goodbye) Cards

I am transitioning a lot at this point in my life. I'm transferring schools and changing volunteer jobs. I'm doing more independent travel. I'm coming into my adult self more and more each day. Due to all the change, I made special people special goodbye cards. All of the cards have different styles in the way they say thank you. I also attached a piece of candy to the card so that the card receiver may have a lasting thought that I am sweet (like candy). I handwrite all of them and make sure that each card is personalized to the individual. I have been fortunate enough to meet and develop relationships with the most amazing people. Since I have benefitted so much from these relationships, I feel that it is my responsibility to make others aware about my feelings of fondness towards them. The only thing uniform among all my cards was the amount of love I put in them and my suggestion that receiver keep in contact with me. Although I stay busy, I never forget those who invested in me whether that investment be financial, an investment of time, or an emotional investment. I could only hope that they wouldn't forget about me. As this chapter of my life comes to a close, I want it to end my style. I want it to end happy and sweet.

1 comment:

  1. Do I get one? By the way it is your cousin Andrea. Unless I am not special enough to get a card. Ily see you soon.

    ReplyDelete