Translate

Thursday, May 14, 2015

A Month Without Electronics - Hypothesis

In about month, I will be entering an immersive Chinese program in which I will not be allowed to use electronic devices because all of my devices are programmed in English. I will have a month of no cellphone, no social media, and no blogging (so depressed). I'm excited to embark on this new adventure, but since my current life is filled with so much technology, I assume the adjustment may be a little harder. I know you can't miss something you don't have, so I predict after the first week without personal electronics, I'll be well adapted to this pre-Apple lifestyle. I think it will also help me make friends faster because all of us will be focused on furthering our Chinese learning and making memories without having the distractions of our phones. The program prefers we write letters back home as an alternative to the use of cell phones. I'm sure our letters will move slower than our texts, but I have a feeling that our letters will be more meaningful than our texts. I also enjoy the idea of writing home because it will allow me to practice my writing skills. This is my basic hypothesis of how lack of electronics will affect me. I'll write up my results after I finish the program.

No comments:

Post a Comment