Translate

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

First Day of "Senior Year"

Today is technically my first day of senior year since I graduate both college and high school next spring/summer. I have been awake since about 5 am and I don't have to leave the house for my morning bus run until much later on. I'm too pumped and anxious and mildly delirious (due to the lingering jet lag). I already know I'm going to be late for my first class because the first of day of school is like the day after New Years: (in the college world) everyone has all these academic resolutions and the crowd tends to thin out by the third week; as far as the younger students go, parents tend to drive their kids to school on the first day creating an excess of cars and super traffic. I arrive to my lecture 10 minutes before it ENDS. There are no seats and I just sit on the floor. I grab my syllabus and continue about my day. It is so much fun to see my friends and meet the new kids. I attend my literature class and get to spend the rest of the day laughing with my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment