Translate

Sunday, August 7, 2016

Beijing: The Great Wall (Day 2)

Today we go to the Great Wall of China. See, one can't simply start climbing the Great Wall. One has to walk a little ways, ride a bus, and then climb (or ride up) several flights of stairs until reaching an entry point. The stair climb to the Great Wall made me appreciate the wall that much more. Just imagine how many people had to carry heavy materials up the mountain without a staircase to make this world wonder all those years ago. The view from the wall is amazing. All the problems of the world seem to melt away when standing up there. I realize that for me, the greatness didn't lie within the wall; the greatness lied in the journey it took for me to reach the wall and in all the relationships I've made along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment