Translate

Sunday, December 6, 2015

My 1st Hanukkah

Today is the first night of Hanukkah. Today is also the first time I've participated in Hanukkah, and let me just tell you-Hanukkah is awesome.
This is a dreidel.
I went to my friend's house and met her family. Grandma was already cooking and the house smelled delicious. While we waited for everything to cook, my friend, her brother, and I played some games. We played the Game of Life and I won, retiring with 3.35 million dollars. We spun the dreidel  which was really cool because I won almost all the candy. My friend and I watched some very interesting panda and unicorn videos. Soon after, the sun was setting and the food was ready to eat. I sat down to a bowl of Matzo ball soup (which was so good).  The sun had completely set so it was time to light the menorah and say a prayer. After which, the food was served which included potato latkas (fried potatoes) and brisket. The food was scrumptious and quickly devoured. Then, the family collaborated to clear the table for the much anticipated desert-chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream and various other pastries.

The awesomeness of Hanukkah does not just derive from the food or the candles, or the games. The togetherness and bonding of  family and friends is really what makes Hanukkah (or any holiday) special. I'm just really glad I took the opportunity to be a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment