Translate

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

12 (or so) Days of Christmas: Kind Strangers

Day 6:

I am a member of the Acts of Random Kindness Club (A.R.K) and as a devoted member, I am usually the one giving to others. Today was the first time that I happened to be on the receiving end of an act of random kindness.  So here's what happened:

I planned a surprise for my best friend who just so happens to work at IMAX. The surprise was bringing along some mutual friends that she hadn't seen in a while. She was extremely grateful for her surprise, but we had to wait until she got off of work to hang out. As a result, my friends and I went outside to chat in front of the box office. Suddenly, this man runs up to us and hands us two free tickets to tonight's sold out showing of Star Wars; just as quickly as he came, he ran away. We didn't even have the chance to say thank you. So one of my friends goes to stand in line with the tickets, and quickly calls me. He then tells me that another kind stranger gave him a free ticket to see tonight's sold out showing of Star Wars. To summarize the unbelievable events, just by going to surprise my best friend, my friends and I managed to get 3 free tickets to see a sold out showing of Star Wars.

Thank you so much to our unidentified random kindness activists. We really appreciated it.



No comments:

Post a Comment