Translate

Friday, December 18, 2015

12 (or so) days of Christmas: Surprise

Day 3:

I decided to go find the people of my past. First, I went back to my previous high school. I said hello to all my teachers and received so much love. While I was just wandering around, I ran into some of my best friends. Everybody seemed to do a double take anytime I would enter a space. Not because I'm so attractive, but because I'm a missed familiar face. Seeing the surprised look  on all of my friends faces was wonderful. I would say absence really does make the heart grow fonder. After my rounds of hellos, I went to my lunch with my friend. Then, my friend drove me to a local middle school where would visit my old middle school teacher. My teacher was happy to see me as well.

I think it's important to go back to my roots and check in. It was great to see the school improvement projects that I started in the past are currently very successful and improving every minute. Most importantly, it was amazing to renew my old (but never forgotten) relationships with my friends, classmates, and educators.

No comments:

Post a Comment