Translate

Thursday, December 24, 2015

12 (or so) Days of Christmas: Making New Friends

Day 7:

Due to my mildly socially awkward past and my brief middle school depression, I have transformed into a reasonably attractive confident person. If I have learned anything from my trials and tribulations, I have learned how to love myself and have (somewhat) mastered the art of making friends. So here's what happened:

    Friends + ice cream = 💕

I went to an ice cream shop on the beach with my mom and my best friend. I walked down the long isle of flavors contemplating what I was in the mood to eat. The guy working as the ice cream server said the magic words "Let me know when you ready to sample." At that very moment, I realized that this was going to be the best night ever. He asked me what I was mood for and I told him that I was not really sure, but I knew I wanted chocolate to be involved. The sweet ice cream server let me taste everything with chocolate. For this, I am forever indebted to him (LOL). With every sample he gave me, we bonded a little bit more. By the time I was ready to purchase, my new friend gave me two free cups of ice cream ( for mom and bestie), and a discount on my cup of ice cream. And then we took our first official selfie as friends.

Tips for making new friends
  • Be yourself!
    • There is no one better qualified.
  • Confidence is attractive.
    • A person that is comfortable in his or her own skin emits stable and positive energy. Those are also two key things to look for in any potential relationship. 
  • Be friendly.
    • Friendliness brings new friends. Enough said.
  • Choose quality people
    • It is very important to remember that the quantity of friends and the quality of friends is not the same thing. The quality of a person is really what matters.  I would much rather have one  or two really good friends, rather than 100 "new" friends. The best friendships occur when all parties involved are quality people.

No comments:

Post a Comment