Translate

Sunday, March 8, 2015

SWEET 16

STORY TIME:
Yesterday was my birthday and even though I had told my mom I didn't want a party in December, by January, I had changed my mind and decided not only did I want to have a small party, but I wanted a limo as well. After a lot of research and hard work, my party was ready to go. I only invited 14 people. This selection process was actually very difficult because I had to make lists and decide who I felt was a Varsity (1st pick).  Then, I prepared back up people for everyone. From there, I made sure that my ratio of people who knew each other would be even. I invited 7 friends from school, 3 friends from the hospital, my best friend, and 2 friends I made through her. Then, I had to make sure the gender ratio was somewhat close. So I had a ratio of 6 boys to 8 girls. Then, I had to ensure that all personalities would mesh well and also that no one had any "beef" with anyone else. After giving out my invitations (which were beautiful by the way) and everyone RSVPed, it was time for everyone to meet up at dinner. So all of my friends showed up within a reasonable time frame and everyone was looking so good. I sat in the middle of the long table because I had a feeling they would naturally segregate into the social groups in which they felt most comfortable. This is the social norm of high school. Thus, the reason I handpicked everyone so that they would know at least two other people besides myself. We had dinner and ate my very fancy cake. Of course mid-dinner all the girls had to get up and go the restroom together. Then, we felt inspired to take pictures near the restrooms. If I have pictures with my ladies, then I have to have pictures with my guys. As promised, my limo came on time and the inside looked really nice. One of my girls left at this point, making the gender ratio 6:7. Though the limo looked very nice and had amenities of sodas and water, the limo did not have an aux cord. So we had to figure out how to use the radio to listen to music. In the meantime, two of my friends gave me their birthday gift, which was "making it rain" on me with $40 in 1's. Then, another friend gave me $20 in addition to the beautiful gift he originally gave me, plus the singles I had before. The driver takes us to Bayside, Miami. For some reason, everyone felt the need to go to the bathroom. We took the escalator to take the use the restrooms upstairs, but little did I know, one of my guest had a fear of escalators. But, I am extremely pro-buddy system so she kept a girl down stair with her. Then, 3 other girls breakoff to use restroom. So the rest of us go downstairs to find the first 2 girls that went to the restroom, just to find out that they went upstairs. Then, one of the guys had to use the restroom. Eventually, everyone got back together and we went outside near the bay. Even though it was supposed to rain, it didn't (YAY!!) and we turned up down there. There was live music outside and we played around there until I found someplace where I wanted to take more pictures. I gathered up squad and I did so. Then, I was ready to go so we all got back in the limo and (thanks to one of my friends who purchased an aux cord) listened to music all the way to the hospital where I dropped off my hospital girls. Now the gender ratio is 6:4. So we ride all the way back to Ft. Lauderdale Beach and everyone's parents were there to pick them up. I wanted to light sparklers, but it was too windy. That's okay because that just means I need to have another party :)


ANALYSIS: The reason I valued the party so much and took the time to handpick the few people I did pick is because I knew I didn't want to be with just anybody on my birthday. I wanted to be with people who I know love and care about me. I wanted to be with people who made me happy, who made me smile, and who gave me hugs on a daily basis. I wanted to be with people who I knew would want to celebrate me whether it was fancy or if we had just stopped by McDonald's. I kept the party a secret because I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. The day before my party people started to find out and question me about to why I didn't invite them. Usually it was because they wouldn't know anyone besides me, they would throw off my friend mix, or because we weren't as close as to me as everyone else I invited. All of my friends are the main reason my birthday was so awesome. Every happy birthday wish, every hug, every smile, every message, every happy moment I got to share with someone else is the reason I really do love all my friends (even the ones I couldn't invite). They are the epitome of a Happy Birthday.
 "What is a limo and cake if you have no one to share it with? "
-Camille ^_^



No comments:

Post a Comment