Translate

Friday, March 13, 2015

THE BEST ^_^WORST DAY-_-


STORY TIME:
Thursday, March 12, was the best worst day I have ever had. I'll start at the beginning. I decide to drive to school today and there was an abnormal amount of traffic. I am almost at school, but then a train comes forcing me 10  minutes behind schedule. Literally, 3 blocks from school there are 2 roundabouts. I try to enter the roundabout, and then a car comes zooming past almost causing a car accident. This happened on both roundabouts (2 almost car accidents). So I make it to 1st period, and my friends weren't there. When I say my friends weren't there, I don't mean class friends, I mean my really good friends who I am lucky enough to share a class (or 2) with. It was really quiet in my area. Then, two minutes before the bell, all my stuff falls out of the front pocket of my backpack including but not limited to my ID, trash, pencil shavings, mysterious crumbs, coins, pen, pen caps, razor sharp pencils (that stabbed me in the hand :O ), tickets,  one and a half Ritz Crackers, lotion, paper clips and receipts. ALL of my stuff sprawled all over the floor. The bell rings and everyone decides to walk all over my apparently irrelevant mess. They made sure to crush the cracker pieces into irritating cracker grains that I had to sweep up before the late bell. I ninja swept and picked up my stuff to proceed to 2nd period. Nothing exciting nor heavily horrific occurred in 2nd period so let's proceed to 3rd period. I almost made it through 3rd, that is until somebody wanted a hug.  This gigantic clumsy freshman insisted on me giving him a hug. And since I am a huge fan of hugs (I literally measure how good my days are by how many hugs I get),  I oblige. When I hug this large clumps freshmen, his long arms sweep the back of my dress making it hike up in the back and display my butt to whatever victims sit behind me. #mortified #embarrassed #imsoooooosorry
Then, I go to 6th period and realize that I have left my headphones at home(the struggle).  Then, I go to Foreign Language Awards and receive metals and ribbons that have no value to me. Although, this part of my day was super rough, there were good parts like in 4th period, I know I aced my math test (which was really hard). I also participated in Tie Dye Taco Thursday, which is absolutely as awesome as it sounds. I dyed some old stockings and an ill fitting t-shirt. I also got to socialize with my friends face to face which can be very difficult with our conflicting school schedules. The best part of today was when I saw one of my guy friends across campus and we reenacted the slow motion run and hug typically seen in dramatic advertisement or movies. It was so funny and that adds one to my daily hug count ^_^ . I also got to watch the school play which starred  one of my friends, though I didn't find it as capturing as other audience members, it was good to support her. My mood started to decline when someone said the terms " I know you better than you know you". That really irritates me because I feel like no one should be up in my personal feelings like that unless I invite them, and I don't like it when someone else is telling me how I feel or how I would react, especially since THEY are not ME. To add on to my souring mood, I wasn't able to talk to my friend who said such irritating things because she was busy with something else, as she was all day. Then, one of my friends comes up to me exclaiming how a guy asked her to military ball. Though I am absolutely delighted for her, there's is still a part of me that wonders when its my turn. I wonder if I will ever get asked to military ball or asked to anything that means something. I know my time will come, it can just get a little discouraging waiting for it.

ANALYSIS: I entitled this my best worst day because I didn't let the unfortunate events ruin my entire day. I smiled through it and pushed through the 15 hour day I spent at school. This is one of those bad days, yet I think this the one I have handled the best. I kept my upbeat attitude even though on the inside I wanted to run away. Today, it has also come to my attention that I love attention, most likely stemming from all the attention my parents gave me when I was little. That also explains my love for hugs. Hugs are a way to show a person affection and attention, and I personally love to be shown both of those things. That's another reason that when I see other girls receiving a lot of attention from males I may get a little wistfully jealous(not a jealous out of malice, more a wish that would happen to me kind of jealous) or a little self-conscious. All in all, I think I handled my worst day pretty well and I'm ready to start fresh tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment