Translate

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

I-95

STORY TIME:
Yesterday was the first time I ever drove on I-95. I have been driving since December, but it was very scattered and always on  less populated roads. I finally got up the courage to drive in I-95 and I did it. It wasn't flawless. For instance, when I was trying to get off I stared at the side mirror too long and the car started to drift into the next lane, most likely scaring the people who were honking at me. However, other than that, the ride was pretty good. I got to my destination and I conquered a worry that was slowly transforming into a crippling fear. I'm so glad I faced my soon to be fear.
Today, I drove on I-95 again and it was flawless. I was able to switch lanes with no problem and I did not scare anyone. I'm glad I went ahead and faced my fears because it made driving 150% easier.

ANALYSIS: Sometimes it is better to face a worry head-on before it becomes a fear. I was very tempted to give up driving on major highways in general, but I made myself drive on I-95 because I refuse to limit myself. How will I be a successful functioning member of society in the future, if I am letting obstacles in life limit me this early in life?  Though I had temporary discomfort driving the interstate for the first time, it was worth it. It allowed by second time to be easier and mildly enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment