Translate

Monday, April 24, 2017

πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰Prom 2017 πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

Hi everyone!
Last night, April 22, 2017, was my prom and it was amazing. The night started off getting ready with my mom and my friend, Chandler. We went to different aesthetic locations and took pictures. I felt so glamorous wearing this long royal blue gown and having people walk around with me and take my photo. It was like an impromptu photoshoot and I'm so glad I got to share it with my friends and family.

      It was fun to get all dressed up and see my friends from school doing the same thing. It was like all these people that I see on a daily basis suddenly became royalty and I felt so fortunate to be a part of it. The first part of the night was set aside for dinner. Then, we danced and danced and danced some more. While everyone's dancing, the music suddenly goes out and its time to announce the winners of the senior superlatives. There was only one superlative that I really wanted: Most Likely to Succeed.  I'm waiting at the table with my friends for the announcers to get through all the superlatives before my category. Finally, the Most Likely to Succeed comes up and they announce the male counterpart first (this REALLY smart guy that I've literally only seen doing schoolwork) and then the emcee lingers on the female Most Likely to Succeed and she says " Our female Most Likely to Succeed is everyone's favorite...Camille P- " and I couldn't hear the rest of what she said because everyone erupted in applause. I get up to see everyone cheering for me and it is so surreal. People are standing up and giving me all this applause and attention. It made me feel so special; it reminded me that my hard work and efforts do not go unnoticed. As I stand among the other winners, one of the emcees goes "we all love Camille, don't we?" and everyone starts cheering again! The positive vibes and support everyone had for me was so mesmerizing. And that's what made prom so amazing. It wasn't the fancy lights or the loud music, it was the people I spent it with.

P.S. Camy's Corner has broken 9,000 views from viewers from 60+ countries around the world!!! Thank you so much for your support. It really added to the magic of this weekend.
Thank you for making this such an eventful senior year <3

No comments:

Post a Comment