Translate

Monday, April 10, 2017

Pomona Part 2: Santa Monica

Hi everyone! I'm back at Pomona College in LA for the Spring Weekend. Once again and they are very organized. I have been picked up and brought directly to campus to arrive to the admissions directors smiling and waving to me with my folder in their hands. It feels so good to know that not only do they know my face, but they also know my name.  

I drop off my stuff with my  host and then go to the faculty-student student BBQ dinner. It was so great meeting other like-minded people. And the best part about that is everyone is so down to earth. There was just this environment where I could be myself and I was able to connect to people from all over the world so quickly. 

The next day I got up early and went to breakfast this little lounge underground and it was adorable. We met with more faculty and staff members and talk to them. We also met with alumni and discussed post college employment and things to do during college to ensure a smooth transition into the working world. Then we had lunch and went to Santa Monica.

Santa Monica is beautiful. The people are beautiful; the beaches are beautiful;the mountains are beautiful. It's so diverse and a lively. There are so many street performers that have raw talent and are just trying to make it. And the food was absolutely amazing! It's a ball of creative energy and endless determination and I felt so fortunate to be there. 

Throughout this weekend at Pomona I've realized a lot of things. First off, Pomona is an amazing school with so many resources and the people that attend the school I guess is amazing as those who run it. They truly stick to their motto of helping the student; the student is always priority. I also learned that I have to follow my heart. And to be confident in everything I do. Others may have comments and opinions, but this is the life that I will live and these are the choices that I will to live with. These are the most amazing people I've ever met and I know in the future we will still be friends. I can't wait to come back. I have to thank Pomona for introducing me Santa Monica and for showing me new parts of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment