Translate

Sunday, April 9, 2017

Grad Bash

Today all the "seniors" of my high school got on a bus to Universal Studios. The bus ride was long, but once I saw the flashing lights of Universal Studios, I felt more optimistic. We walked through the back of Universal in the 8 o'clock darkness just to stand in a herd of people to go through security. It's about 9:40pm by the time my friends and I make it through security and onto one "ride". At this point, I haven't eaten and I'm extremely hangry (hungry-angry). My large group of 13 breaks into the "I want to ride roller coasters now" group and the "where is the food?" group. The food group and I go to Broomsticks and eat Sheppard's pie, salad, and some baked potatoes. We also drink "butter beer" which turned out to be really good. Then, the food group breaks up into the extreme coaster people and the mild people (i.e. me and another girl). We start wandering around and hear the announcement of a Jason Derulo concert starting. We walk to the front of the park just in time to squeeze into the knitted crowd in front of the stage. The concert was amazing. He preformed all his greatest hits and some new songs. His backup dancers were great and full of energy. The crowd was so pumped and lively. It was just such an amazing thing to be a part of. The concert crew and the extreme coaster riders reunite to form food group again. We walk around and danced at an impromptu dance party.
It was a lot of fun and once again, the energy of the people made it that much greater. We ride a few more rollercoaters (including the very realistic 3D Despicable Me experience) before we start walking back to the buses around 2 am. This has been a crazy day, but it's been so worth it. Just being able to dance and sing and laugh freely without the stress of school was so refreshing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment