Translate

Friday, July 31, 2015

Living in a Hotel

I've been living an hotel for the last 2 weeks and I must say that this is no where near as fabulous as it seems. You would think that sleeping in the world's most comfortable beds, having linens replaced daily, and having a clean room every time you return to it is a dream. The thing is even in all the convince living in a hotel provides, there is still this part of you that knows for certain that this "house is not a home". From the moment you walk in, the room just feels temporary. There's an unconscious vulnerability in all this comfort that causes an underlying fear that at any point in time, everything can be taken away. All of a sudden a hotel becomes your single source to fulfill all your desires such as functioning  utensils, extra pillows, microwaves, and refrigerators.As if I foolishly built my house on a carpet and I'm just waiting for someone to run up and snatch it out from underneath me. Don't misunderstand me, I enjoy all the accommodations. I just know I could never permanently live in a hotel because of the constant feelings of instability and dependence. 

Maybe if this was outside my hotel, I'd have different feelings.  LOL just kidding, probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment