Translate

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Adult(ing) for a Day

So I had to adult for a day. I am using adult as a verb because there are so much that goes with being an adult. You have to provide everything for yourself. You must find your own transportation, if you're sick, you have to take yourself to the doctor. It's really quite tiring.

STORY TIME: So my mom had errands to run and she needed me to drive. I'm not a big fan of driving, but I do it for her because I love her. I drive her to the doctor, various pharmacies, the grocery store, and a Chinese takeout restaurant (that was more for me). I bought her medicine and I realize that people are REALLY expensive. Driving us everywhere and  purchasing things was just so tiring and stressful that it really made me realize that I don't want to be an adult yet. I like the independence that comes with it, but I don't want all the responsibility and stress that comes with it. I really appreciate the "small things" like having someone drive me around and purchase my groceries for me. I don't want to think amount the other responsibilities that I haven't had to experience yet such as paying rent, taxes, purchasing gas, and taking care of yourself when you're sick. I know eventually I will welcome this independence with open arms, but as of right now I really don't want to adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment