Translate

Monday, April 18, 2016

So You Wanna Know More About My Ode to Subway Guy

Hi everyone!
Recently, I released a post called "Rough Day: They Threw Rocks at Me" and I mentioned some unfortunate events that involved an individual whom we will all refer to as Subway Guy. A viewer has requested to see the ode, and because I am unashamed (or straight up crazy) and/or have a mild affinity for mortification,  I will release it to the world. Before you read it, I would like to acknowledge the fact that this is one of eleven literary pieces I've written this year, however, this piece just so happen to be selected to compete in districts. Once again, if you read the last post, you know it didn't place. Okay, I'm done stalling. Without further ado, here's my Ode to Subway Guy.

The flirt 

Standing among the array of vegetables 

Calling every pretty girl

Beautiful 

And every beautiful girl

Gorgeous

And doesn't call me anything 

He doesn't have to

His eyes say it all when I catch him sneaking a peek

Of me in my leggings and messy hair in a bun

"You look nice"

He'll say as he walks around the counter to give me a hug

"I like this hug"

He'll say to make me laugh

Which I will 

His boss will call him away 

And he'll ask a female coworker to make my sandwich 

She will then delegate the task on to the other subway guy 

My subway guy will return 

To see me allowing another subway guy to make my sandwich 

(Like any fast food boyfriend)

He jumps in front of his female coworker to serve the customer behind me 

"So what would you like on your sandwich?"

Say both subway guys simultaneously

I giggle a little 

My subway guy asks his coworker 

"Are you making her sandwich?"

The other subway guy nods

"I'm jealous" confesses my subway guy

"I wish I were making that sandwich"

He says

I laugh as I take my wrapped sandwich 

My subway guy has more to say

"How are you gonna let him make your sandwich like that?" 

"You were gone" I reply

"And you think that's okay? To let other guys make your sandwich while I'm gone"

Eyebrows high and open mouth forming into  blushing smile

The consumer behind me interjects "You guys can have this conversation after he's done

making my sandwich"

I look away blushing

Blood rushing

My hearts so loud I can hear it in my ears

I don't want to like him

But a part of me loves him

Our relationship is a rash 

Which I needn't scratch 

But should vigorously rub

It's one of those things

I'll never truly get rid of


Our relationship is stuck

In purgatory

Full of potential 

Yet far from glory

Subway guy 

Cookie girl 

There's a sweetness 

To our familiar ambiguity 

Let’s raise a BOGO coupon

To sandwich artists old and new

I swear, I would give up all the toppings in the world

For Subway Guy to let me be his Cookie Girl

......so yeah. Take that as you will lol.
As always, please continue to read, share, and comment on my posts!
 ~Camille <3

4 comments: