Translate

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

How I Missed the SATs

Hi everyone!
So the title of this post is a little alarming because I was originally going to post about the SATs and ACT and other college entrance exams that stress me out. HOEVEVER, I missed the SAT today so I'll tell you the story instead.

STORY TIME:
Okay so testing wasn't supposed to start until 9:30 am.
7:30 am: I am awake. I have showered and done some pre-testing exercises to wake up my brain.
By 8:00, I have taken my shower and I'm ready for breakfast. I know absolutely nothing can stop me at this point. By 8:40, I've grabbed my mom and we are on out way to testing. Mind you, the testing center is only 20 minutes from my residence so I should be there really early, but other circumstances must be anticipated. We jump on the Turnpike and get about 0.5 a mile from the exit we hit traffic . Not just a little traffic either, but lines and lines of traffic because they have closed off all of the major lanes. It's 9:00 and we're still sitting in traffic, but I'm calm because I know getting frustrated won't do anything but stress me out and make me upset.
Literally.
9:10 am: We are sitting in the exact same spot. We move an inch and continue to sit some more. By 9:15, I can see 5 trucks sitting on the overpass and other skittish drivers swerving to attempt to get off the overpass or trying to pass others. At this point, I realize the SAT is not worth risking personal safety so we take a different route. Guess what? This route only has one road open and it has this never-ending line of busses and trucks and personal automobiles.

9:23 am: I alert the testing center of the severity of the traffic and the fact that most of the exits are blocked off. The receptionist says "We are aware, but the test is going to start when it starts."

9:32 am: I am near the campus and I am prepare to run across campus
                                                {Runs across campus}
        Running
               Running
                          Hard and Fast
                                         Ruuuuuuuuumnnnnnniiiinnmmmggggggggg
                                                                                                                 #RunForest
                                                          *huffing and puffing*

9:38 am: I hear the protocor read "Good morning students"
I know I have just missed it, but I go up to the door and attempt to get in anyway. The guy at the door looked so sad for me. I accept the loss and keep it moving. I start walking towards the library to sign up for the next one. On the way there, I see a childhood classmate and he got stuck too. So did he rest of the student drivers. So we walk to the library and sign up for the next SAT together. It was actually quite pleasant spending the morning with him and just making jokes about how if they had waited for a couple minutes we would have waited. We went to the receptionist to vent and stood there for an hour laughing and plotting our theoretical revenge. I don't know, I feel like I should feel sad about missing it, but I don't. I actually had a very nice morning and I will continue to have a good day. Just keeping everything in perspective, this is literally the least of my problems. There will be more and I will do well on them. I just wasn't supposed to take this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment