Translate

Sunday, February 25, 2018

My Black Panther Experience

Hi everyone! (Heyyy Auntie!)
I just finished watching a screening of Black Panther and I feel so overcome with emotion in this moment. I'm so excited to see so many beautiful people who look like me portrayed as intelligent, strong, and powerful! I'm proud to be black and polyglotonous. I am flooded with happiness that I can finally see my mom, my dad, my aunts, my family, my friends, and myself in a movie in their respective roles as warriors, culture keepers, protectors, kings and queens. I feel like I've chosen the pill of knowledge to be able to recognize that I've been bombarded with other cultures versions of beauty, but not my own. In that, I am eternally grateful for the creation, execution, and release of this amazing movie. Thank you for normalizing black excellence and raising the bar that much higher; I'm ready to strive higher and achieve more as a direct descendant of Wakanda; I am ready to put on my crown and lead the nations.
Image result for wakanda handshake gif

No comments:

Post a Comment