Translate

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Acceptances and a Formal Adress

Hi everyone!
I just returned to school after a month long break to a new list of goals for the week. 1) Write a short story to enter in the Literary Fair within 36 hours. 2) Write, memorize, and recite a speech in front of a hall filled to the rafters with perspective students and eager parents. 3) Meet all my new proffessors and get started on the work that I need to do to earn straight As this final semester. Surprisingly, I actually managed to accomplish all these tasks and I did them all well.

Tonight was the night I spoke in front of a two story auditorium overflowing with people and the rush of being able to articulate what I actually believed in front of all those eyes after a long day at school is just so exhilarating. I'm so proud of myself for my performance! It was just so professional and genuine. The best part is a Chinese girl came up to me afterwards and we had a full blown conversation in Chinese about my school and how I know Chinese and about how college works; I'm super proud of my multilingual skills right now. I'm also really proud that I received my first college acceptance from Hofstra University following my speech. What a great start to the new year!   



1 comment:

  1. Your speech is so inspirational Camy! I'm so proud of you! <3- Amy

    ReplyDelete