Translate

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Funny Airport Stories: Is That Your Hair?


Hi everyone!

So I was in the airport waiting to board my plane to New Jersey to meet my scholarship group and an older lady sits next to me. She drops her pen behind the seat and I pick it up for her. She says thank you and continues to stare at me for a little while. I look up and smile at her and she finally asks me “Is that your real hair? Is all of that yours?” I laugh a little because people have asked me this several times before. I look at her and say “Well if I purchased it, then yes, it all belongs to me”.  Her eyes widen and she laughs with me. She says “Well you can’t even tell” and I reply with a friendly thank you. Then she starts telling me that she loves to play scrabble and how she’s gotten married twice, and had several varying careers from education to law.  I tell her about how I’m on my way to China and that I am really interested in international relations. Then she tells me that she’s going to an IQ convention in San Diego and I should see if I can join the society. Her name was Judy and she was very nice. I would have never known anything about her if her curiosity didn’t get the best of her for her to be bold enough to ask me if my hair is real. 

Image result for airplane gif
Curiosity is a beautiful thing and it shouldn’t be stifled. I want to be like Miss Judy-bold enough to ask the world’s most pressing questions.

P.S. Thank you for reading, sharing, and commenting on my post. I really appreciate it and I hope you stay tuned for my China series starting on July 1 or July 2 (depending on when I get there). Thanks for all the support <3333

2 comments:

  1. Praying for safe travels for you. God is opening up doors and opportunities. I am so proud of you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for safe travels for you. God is opening up doors and opportunities. I am so proud of you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete