Translate

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Accepting a B (._.)

Hello viewers!
Recently, I haven't been posting very often because I have been stressing out about school, testing, scholarships, and my extra-curricular activities. I haven't really had to much time to write about what's going on and when I would write something, I didn't want to release it because I didn't think it was up to the Camy's Corner standard. Today, however, I'm writing about accepting a B.

Me in the middle of Advance Chemistry Lab.
My entire life I have been very academically centered and always earned As. My high school transcript only has two B+ s on it, and both were 89s. Now that I am in post secondary school and the classes are harder, I have had to learn to accept the B-particularly in Advanced Chemistry. Both the lecture class and the lab are considered the most difficult courses the college has to offer, but you know me, I had to take it because it was much shorter and faster than its multi-semester alternative. I worked so hard and studied so late to pass these classes, but I kept falling short. One day, I did the math and realized that I would have to get 100% accuracy on everything else if I wanted an A in the lab and/or class. I tried, I really did, but I am not a perfect person and I did not earn 100% on everything. I actually started crying in my lab googles because I felt like I had failed. After a few minutes of self-loathing, I dried out my googles and started working towards the next best thing. I simply had to accept the B. Sure, my 4.0 GPA will be no longer and I will not have an arrow of As this semester, but I know I worked really hard and my B will have the value of an A.    

No comments:

Post a Comment