Translate

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Having Lunch with Myself

I was having lunch today in the prison also known as high school. I was sitting next to people I usually force myself to sit next to. I think I had to remove the metal block of following a solid pattern to get up and sit in the library. I couldn't stand the idea of feeling lonely while I was sitting next to the people I typically refer to as my lunch friends. With that being said, I ended up being happier in the library with the company of myself than I was with a large group of people. I even got the pleasant surprise of an entire pack of Thin Mints and lots of compliments from a person I didn't know even noticed me. Just imagine how much different my day would have been had I not been introspective and fought against my natural urge to conform to social norms.

No comments:

Post a Comment