Translate

Monday, April 29, 2019

Suffermore Year is OVER (Updates!)

Hi everyone!
I'm so happy to be back on the blog to update you on everything that has happened since I last posted. Suffer-more year is finally over and to be fair, I actually had a really good spring semester. On December 28 of 2017, I told myself that I could not bring any issues or negativity into my 2019 so I cut some people off, set some higher goals and here we are.  Since the last time I posted, I have:

1. Mastered the art of working full time while going to full school time
Its initially absolutely exhausting, but do-able if you're organized and extremely determined.

2. Made a grateful list every Sunday and put it in a grateful jar
I enjoy this new practice the most because it makes me settle down  for 2-3 minutes and reflect on all the great things I experienced that week. On New Years Day of 2020, I'm going to read them all and make a memory board ^_^

3. Achieved my financial goals $$$
Enough said.

4. Changed my education plan
Upon starting college I wanted to graduate with a degree in Political Science.
Then, I wanted to graduate with a degree in Political Science and a Masters in Teaching.
Now,  I wanted to graduate with a degree in Political Science, obtain 2 language certificatiions (Chinese and Spanish), and graduate with a Masters of Accounting.

5. Had an ENTIRE 20th birthday photoshoot (photocreds: lnot_el)






9.  Been a Snapchat Filter


10. Danced in front of people

11. Started Learning a New Language (its Spanish)

12. Got into the Rice in Argentina Program

13. Found the $6,000 needed for Rice in Argentina program

14. Been disappointed that the program was cancelled and that the $6k was non-transferable

15. Quickly found another study abroad program in Chile

16. Awarded scholarships to cover the Chile program

17. Dropped my LED computer and broke the screen (twice)

18. Created a college course that I will teach at Rice in Spring of 2020

19. Became a much better teacher

20. Became a much better caregiver

21. Became a happier and more fulfilled person


That's a little bit of what I've done so far this year. What's been going on in your world this year?

P.S. Look out for Chile posts! I'm going to Valparaiso this summer ^_^





3 comments:

  1. Camy, thanks for sharing your journey with us!
    -Cousin Bren/CT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog, cuz. You continue to rock. Godspeed with your aspirations! Love you.

    ReplyDelete