Translate

Monday, September 5, 2016

Let's Talk About Feelings (._.)

Hi everyone!
This post is going to be about feelings and how to handle them because this last week I have gone through a rollercoaster of emotions. Mind you, I'm typically a very happy person so for my feeling is to deviate in any sort of way is mildly alarming. I started off the week in a contended mood which transformed to sadness and anger when I found out an awful secret. As the week went on, I felt really sad and more so, depressed because I had to suppress my feelings as to not disturb the peace. By Wednesday night, I was crying because I cannot hold in all these unexpressed feelings and unspoken words. It just gets too heavy sometimes. Thursday I had a scholarship interview so I worked really hard to avoid the people involved in the terrible secret, but even they walked into my quiet space. I immediately left knowing that I don't actually have to be anywhere and I don't have to endure discomfort to make someone else comfortable. I went to my interview with confidence and I was already emotionally exhausted so I didn't have the energy to be nervous. Friday I had the day to be quiet and really feel my feelings so by Saturday I was able to articulate how I felt to one of my friends. Talking to him really made the situation better and easier to process. I found out that I made it scholarship semi-finals and now I'm on my way back to emotional homeostasis.
Image result for crying gif
Me last Wednesday night


 Analyze
The first thing I do when I'm feeling stressed or upset is analyze why and check on however else was involved.

  Creative Outlet
I also write poetry when I'm sad or in the middle of crying because I know that beautiful things can be created out of the ugliest feelings; the emotion is raw when I cry so its easier to describe the pain and find the words when I'm in such a distressed state of mind.

   Avoid (do not recommend)
I occasionally use the isolationist technique to avoid the person(s) making me upset, but it's a small world so I'll run into them sooner or later.

  Talk about it (strongly encouraged)
The best thing to do when I'm upset is to talk to the person(s) involved and tell them via phone  call or in person what has been done to upset me or if no one has done anything and I'm just feeling stressed about inevitable things like change, I talk to my friends so that the conversation makes my 'problems' seem a little bit smaller.

P.S. Thank you for reading, commenting on, and sharing my blog posts. I really appreciate it :) The thought of all the international support makes tough days easier <3

No comments:

Post a Comment